Friday, March 22, 2013

Spring time!!!!!!!

It's finally spring time, and I am super excited. After having to endure numbing cold weather, looking out the window to see trees that look like the roots decided to flip over, and looking down at crunchy ashy leaves, it's great to know that winter is officially over (according to the Gregorian calendar, of course).



My favorite part of spring is watching the plants develop back to their original state. The trees grow leaves that are packed with chlorophyll, flowers start to bloom, and animals do their own thang (*snaps fingers*). I also appreciate the pollen. It looks like it's snowing, but more pleasant. :-I
My reaction to springtime.

March 20th was the first day of spring. This day is also known as the vernal equinox (latin for 'spring' and 'equal night'). On this day, there was 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of nighttime. I don't know about you, but I think that's pretty cool.

To me, spring time means renewal, second chances, and relaxation (especially since I don't have to wear bubble coats everywhere I anymore). What does spring mean to you? Is there a tradition that you practice this time of year? For example, I do appreciate spring cleaning, even though I kind of did a rain check on it. (See what I did there? Because it rains a good amount in the spring, and then I was like... never mind) -_-

No comments:

Post a Comment