Friday, March 15, 2013

I Want To Be a Rapper

I might just be going through a phase, but for the most part, I have a strong urge to be a rapper. I at least want to give it a shot. I'm not trying to become the latest hip hop artist or anything, but I just want to try it to at least say that I did it. It seems like a lot of fun too.



Like I mentioned, I don't want my entire career to be based on music (my primary goal is to be an actress/filmmaker). I just like to explore my horizons a little. I also want to learn how to play the piano, but for now, this is the most accessible form of music I can produce.

I also want to clarify what I mean by hip hop. I don't want to rap about how much money I have, and how much more "swag" I have than you (if a person keeps emphasizing on their swag, then I don't think they have swag). Personally, I'm trying to avoid making myself look better in my music (at least not directly, if that makes sense). I just plan on making music that I would want to listen to.

Since I don't have a beat making software, I will have to use instrumentals. I will attempt to make a mix tape. This is my reason for my suspended film production - this is going to take a lot of concentration. I will share my work with you as I go along. Stay tuned.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment