Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Check the Rhime (In Tyme)

Here's my next rap song. This time, I went for a more complex beat that required for myself to say a lot more. After enough practice, I was able to make a rap along the beat of one of my favorite A Tribe Called Quest raps: Check the Rhime. Here's the rap with lyrics:




Lyrics

Hey world. Good morning, night, and afternoon.
Hypothetically, you knew that I was coming soon. 
In that case, you must wanna hear something new.
Then let me be the first to say this is for you.
The way I see it, everybody has something to say.
And speech is to listeners as artist is to clay.
So if you don't think generation Y can compete with the best,
Then you mind will be blown when you hear what's next.
Oh jeez, apologies. My manners are the worst.
Of course I should explain to you exactly how this works.
I speak my mind and you take it in,
then I sit back and watch your head spin.

I got more cool than you've got paper,
And it's so fresh, you need to call an updater.
A little advice to those who think they know me,
I don't care where you got your college degree.
Oh wait... you didn't even get your degree?
So, do you even know psychology,
Or do you just have the audacity?
If that's what it is, well believe me
When I say that it's okay
Unless you're gonna hate, then stay away.
'Cuz I don't have time for your contradiction.
You sadden me like Harold Crick on Stranger than Fiction.
And that's why you can't forget to breathe.
Don't call me a kid, but I got trick up my sleeve.
I got the pep if you got the rally.
You aren't worthy to compete, so you should just tally
Up the score, or go out the back door.
The impact makes you hit the floor
And then you start running like you're worth being chased.
Show some dignity. Don't disgrace your race.

Hey again, I'm glad that you're here.
Back at the start, I didn't make something clear.
In order to decipher what you're hearing right now,
Check yourself before you wreck yourself... wow.
If you want the answer, you gotta know the question.
You gotta make mistakes if you wanna learn your lesson,
But then there's something wrong if it happens to you twice.
Your mind has more bleach than a pot of white rice.
Whoops, there I go again, I'm being very rude.
I gotta tell you how I'm gonna uplift the mood.
I'll tell you anything you didn't know about
Then you wake up confused, because you passed out.

Some people say I' at the bottom of the class.
You probably should avoid them like a pile of broken glass
'Cuz they don't have the right to say that about me
But without 'em, you can't spell grass.
My people look suspicious in the middle of the night
But not much if the sun is on the left... right.
Your mind needs to spark for your heart to ignite.
You have the right to get out of my sight.
You are what you eat, but it's kind of hard to chew.
Get sick, barf on our toes... Ewww.
Clean yourself. Quickly drink the water from the cup.
Your eyes will show surprise. Yeah, you'll know what's up.
And nobody really deserves to eat dirt.
For those of you with "got milk?" on your shirt
I don't believe the animal story has been heard,
So give me a glass of milk if you want some curd.

What up Phillay? 
*giggle*
Wow, yeah I'm done.
... monster shout-out.

2 comments: