Saturday, February 9, 2013

I Was Nominated for an Award: LBA

It appears as though I am a Liebster Blog Award nominee. The minute I saw that I was nominated, I had to do a double take (for those of you who don't know what that means, I had to check twice to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me). I was nominated by Sapphire Diaz, creator of The Virgoan. Thanks again for the nomination. It is really cool.



So this is how it works: I must confess 11 things about myself (this should be interesting). Then I have to answer the 10 questions that were passed on to me (also interesting). After that, I make 11 more questions, and nominate others to the award (and they do everything I did).

Seems simple enough. I hope you all are ready for this. It's about to get awesome!!!

11 confessions

1. I get really mad at those commercials for medication that help one disease and gives you five more.

2. I used to recycle plastic bags by making them into tank tops (of course wearing them was out of the question).

3. Sometimes watch old shows - The Brady Bunch or anything that comes on Boomerang - when I get sick of modern media.

4. Whenever I have the patience, I peel my grapes before I eat them.

5. I always want to ride every roller coaster in a theme park... until I ride the first one. :-|

6. My dance moves are shocking. You've probably never see anyone do the wave and the jerk at the same time, I'm sure.

7. Every time I watch Ratatouille, I attempt to concoct something new: i.e. Old Bay Popcorn Surprise

8. Spinach is my number one vegetable!!! Oranges are my number one fruit!!!

9. Sometimes I want to have conversations with someone who delivers something (UPS, Chinese food, etc) just to see what they're like.

10. I don't like wearing shirts with dead historians on them. It just doesn't feel right.

11. I can't stand social studies. It's my least favorite subject.

These are the Questions I must answer:
1. Are you single?
   Like a Jason Derulo song:


2. Are you living life the way you want, or the way others desire for you?


It's a little bit of both. I am capable of doing whatever I please, until an adult comes in and tells me "stop playing the music so loud", or "stop singing like you're in a musical. Your brother's asleep".

3. Do you like cats?


Cats are great. I had a cat named Saul (we didn't know she was a girl at the time) who was really calm and like an older sister. I treated her like one too, to the point where she ran to my mother after I did something annoying (she needed to be combed).

4. Who is your favorite comedian?


Kevin Hart is pretty hilarious. I also appreciate the comedic performance of the cast of Saturday Night Live, but I don't get to watch that too often.

5. Do you consider yourself to be a Sith, or a Jedi in real-life?


I watched Star Wars once in my life, and it felt like an assignment at the time, so I got distracted. Sith sounds pretty interesting though. I think Darth Vader was a Sith, and I had a Darth Vader mask when I was younger, so I'll go with that. 

6. Name five things you hate and wish it wouldn't exist.


Five things I wish wouldn't exist: 1) sagging, 2) black licorice candy, 3) taxes on purchases, 4) genetically modified foods, and 5) movies with animals that are main characters. chances are, it will make me cry. :-(

7. Where do you see yourself five years from now?


Attending Stanford University, directing films, and going on awesome road trips with my college friends.

8. What's your zodiac sign? 


My sun is in Aries. I am a fire sign, so don't push me. I am in the first house of the twelve, and my symbol is the Ram. :-)

9. Do you believe in religion, God, both, or none?


Religion is one of the trickiest subjects to discuss. I have confirmed my position as a coexist, since I believe all religions may be different in their own way, but they're also similar. Plus, religion is just a method for people to cope with their existence, so why should I choose a method when I can accept them all? We all live under the same roof (metaphorically). 

10. Who's your favorite: iOS, or Android? 


The one that I can use to look up where the closest Whole Foods is. :-p
But seriously though, I'm not that much of a technological critic, but they pretty much have the same value in my opinion. iOS just seems more popular to me.


My questions to the Infected:

1. What inspired the name to your blog?
2. What's the one thing in your life you would never give up?
3. If you could be known for anything, what would it be?
4. Do you use LED light? Explain your reason(s).
5. What inspires you the most?
6. How do you make your sandwiches?
7. What do you prefer to watch on television?
8. What is the ideal color for your transportation vehicle?
9. Which do you prefer: ebooks, or paperbacks?
10. Do you put your toilet paper in with the over method, or the under method (if you pay attention to that in the first place)?
11. What was the last song you heard that made you want to dance?


Here are the Infected Bloggers:

> One Stitch at a Time - http://www.mystitchbook.com/ 
> Green Harmony Living -  http://we-love-rawfood.blogspot.com/ 
> Become a Healthier You - http://evelynparham.com/ 
> Awareness and Prevention - http://emmanfb.blogspot.com/
> Kirsty Girl - http://kirstygirl7.blogspot.com/
> Sandy's Station - http://bloggers.com/Sandy-Station/blogs
> Nutritionalert - http://www.nutritionalert.blogspot.com/

Well, this was a lot of fun. All of my nominees are awesome, and you don't have to do this if you don't want to. It's a somewhat recreational activity, and it's just for fun. Thanks again Sapphire for the nomination. :-D

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, you are a fire sign! I'm an earth sign, 'cuz I'm a Virgo (duh). That was very interesting! Kevin Hart is pretty funny, so I'll accept that. :p

    Congratulations to all the nominees! Glad to see you did the quiz. Awesome job, and thanks for the mention! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!!! Astrology is always a good way to get to know someone. Yeah, he does some great stand-up performances (Laugh at my Pain was my favorite).

      No problem. It was a great practice and I enjoyed doing it. :-)

      Delete
  2. Thank you!! It's awesome to meet new followers! I will do this post the next chance I get! :) -Kirsty, fellow aries

    ReplyDelete