Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Behind the Scenes: The World According to Sekou Trailer

This film seemed like a no brainer. My brother does so much within a day, and my mother always asks me to make a montage of him as he grows up. Since I am making films nowadays, I needed something new and different to film, and I never actually filmed a person and composed it into a video. This was perfect!!!



My mother had a lot to do that day, so I had to watch him while she was doing her tasks. I figured since my iPod was fully charged and he was so full of energy (nothing out of the ordinary), I would take an entire day out to film him doing things. While doing this, I experimented with different angles and light strengths. I did so many takes that I had to sync some off of the iPod because it wouldn't let me add any more clips, and I had to charge it 2 or 3 times. It was fun in the end.

Another thing: What I did was recorded a bunch of clips, and uploaded them to my video editor. It was like putting a puzzle together, or washing a huge pile of dishes. I didn't really know where to start. And since there was no dialog, I didn't write a script ... again!!! It was okay though. All I had to do was take a deep breath, and take the time out to get things in the order that felt right.

This was the outcome of about 4 hours of reorganization:


When I was working on this, I had just finished getting footage for my next film. I'll give you a hint: it is a commercial. Try and guess what it is if you'd like, but I doubt you'll figure it out (it's that outlandish). Until next time: This is Harmony, making history. :-)

1 comment: