Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Birthday Partay!!!

4 p.m. on Saturday afternoon.
My little brother just turned one on Saturday, and we threw him a party. Since he's only one, there's but so much he can enjoy, so this was basically for the older people. So I assumed this would be one of the greatest parties ever!



My reason for making such an assumption is simple: since the party mostly for older people, it's gonna be like those college parties on television (but with cake and singing the happy birthday song, and barely anyone's in college, and no drinks, and no party music, and- ok, I was a bit off). Plus a bunch of people were invited. Friends from different times my families lives, family members, and people that others knew.

We had quite a bit of time to prepare (since december), and everyone had their own task. My mom and grandmother handled invitations, my grandmother did decorations, my mother was an advisor on how everything was suppose to go (like with the spread and schedule). I was in charge of games, photography, and music. My job was basically to just make a playlist for the party. Seems simple enough to do within a month.

Low and behold I practice my procrastinating and get to it the week before the party. To be honest, we did most if the preparations the week before. That's when we bought the gift bags, smacks, food and beverages, and so on. So it's not just me. :-D

Technically, I did start preparing the games ahead of time. My goal was to finish the story mode for my Naruto game so I can unlock more characters for the children to use, but the last fight was sooo hard. I was having so much trouble with it that I think I was becoming another person. I actually beat it the day before the party (the power of awesomeness), so I was super excited. I couldn't stop talking about it to my family, but I might as well have been speaking Japanese... since no one understood what I was talking about.
What my brother said when he woke everyone up.

Even the day of the party everyone was scrambling to get things together. We had to go to the grocery store and Walmart to get some last minute snacks and such. I didn't even get dressed until 1:30 ( the party started at 4). Everyone else got ready after me. The worst part is that my brother woke us up at 6 a.m. So we were extra sleepy all day, until coffee came into the picture. ;-).

At the end of the day, the party went really well. The video games were enough to keep the children occupied, we had enough food and drinks for all the guest, and everyone seemed like they had a good time. Unfortunately I couldn't play any music since the radio we had didn't have an auxiliary button (this is why you should check things ahead of time just in case).

I had a good time myself. I had fun playing Naruto with others, even though I was barely winning any of the battles. I even got to hang out with some friends I hadn't seen in the longest (I'm talking months and years).

I learned a lot from this experience. (1) Don't rush to do something you don't even know is effective, (2) don't go to bed at 1 if there's a chance a baby will wake you up at 6, (3) screaming at a hard video game level won't make much of a difference (except psychologically), and (4) disco balls are awesome!!! (I have one as a gift and set it up for the party. It made me want to have one of those dance sessions at the end of those Step Up movies) :-D

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a great time. I'm not one for parties because I can be shy. I like kids, but the screaming and running really strums my nerves. You seem to be a big fan of Naruto, that's pretty cool. My little bro likes the anime as well.

    Good post! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete