Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Songs I've Had Stuck in my Head for Days 2

Aww yeah!!! Now I know what you're thinking (or at least I'm sure you've thought it just a little bit): didn't you just do this a while ago? Yes, I did. This is basically a sequel. I just wanted to share with you some more music that I have in my head. Those other ones I still appreciate, but since then, I have discovered some more songs and they are awesome. I'm excited to share so... here we go:


* Damian Marley ft. Skrillex - Make it Bun Dem
When doing some work, I had a theory that listening to dubstep would help me concentrate (don't ask). To test my theory, I went to I Heart Radio and got a dubstep radio. I'm not that big of a fan of the genre, but I figured I could try it for just a few minutes. Within those few minutes, I discovered this song. It is pretty cool, so I showed my mother (we're fans of Damian, as we should be) by going to YouTube. Turns out, the video amplifies the song's coolocity by thousands. My favorite lyric, "And we will end your week just like a Sunday." Genius.



* Kid Cudi - Mr. Rager
I have to say, this song was worth repeating hundreds of times. One of the reasons this song really cool is because of the vocals. It seems like there's a lot of emotion behind the lyrics and how they're portrayed. When watching the video, not only did I verify that opinion, but my jaw dropped. It was artistic in its own special way.
This is a faster version, so if you want the original you can go to YouTube. This player was "too small" to share.



*Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Thrift Shop ft. Wanz
I admit it. I couldn't understand how catchy this song is. I have no problem with thrift shops - there's some awesome things in those. So I definitely appreciate a rap that promotes it. Plus, the beat is catchy, as well as the chorus and everything else about the song. For days I've been saying, "Limited addition, let's do some simple edition, 50 dollars for a t-shirt, that's just some ignorant ***** ****." The last part I am not allowed to say, but if you know the song, or can fill in the blanks, then you already know.


*Gorillaz - Dare
Another lucky coincidence I found on the internet radio of the I Heart variety. When listening to this, I just couldn't help but to dance. this may sound corny, but it from foot tapping to shoulder twitching to pop locking. This is a pretty cool group all together, and I heard some of their other music but never really acknowledged it. I think I am officially a fan at this point. However it could just be one of those moments when you appreciate a few of their songs. Anyways, this is the song:


* Empire of the Sun - We Are the People
This song is pretty awesome. The best part about it is the vocals. Singing along is a great time whenever, and it's quite the pick me up at some times. Especially if you want to dance. To be honest, I never really seen the video until I put this together.All I can say is: This is one of the coolest things I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!. :-p


*Talib Kweli - Ms. Hill
This song makes me realize the beauty of music. It has a catchy chorus, but the lyrics are what makes the biggest impact on me. The song is about Lauryn Hill, who was a singer/rapper from the fugees. She is one of my biggest influences and I've been listening to her music for as long as I can remember (maybe 10 years). Then, something happened to her and she changed. She doesn't even look the same. This song reminds me of her awesomeness. 

*Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
Whoah. I didn't know if Imagine Dragons could top "It's Time", but they did it. This song is awe to the some (I can't believe I just did that). I heard it first on a preview for The Host and made a mental note of how cool it sounded. Then I was watching MTV Hits and saw the video. I was amazed. Next thing I know, I was singing it throughout the day. This is definitely a song worth bringing up here.


And there it is. My latest and greatest. I think it's really cool that I keep finding new things to listen to. It's like traveling... with your ears. Especially since I am making music myself now. I have a new appreciation for these artists. A lot of work goes into making music. A LOT. (:-p)

No comments:

Post a Comment