Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My Second Song: Departure

The reason I'm calling this my second song is because this is my second song, but I something was going wrong. When I was putting the song together, the speed of the instrumental and the rap were different. I didn't know what to do, so I just suspended its production until further notice. Then it happened to my fourth song, and I felt like I was in deep trouble. Then I realized that with my audio software, all I had to do was change the speed of the song. It seemed so obvious, but I'm so glad that I figured it out.

So this is my second song. I based it on Philadelphia (Pennsylvania) and New Jersey, where I primarily was raised. It's not that long, but the only thing is Lauryn Hill's part adds to the length (and makes it awesome). I have absolutely no problem with that. It's one of my favorite songs by The Fugees, and it was the best instrumental I could find. So after weeks of suspension, this is Departure:





Lyrics

As I scan my mind,
I get more and less of a reason to rewind
Because of the fact that everything I've been through.
The best and the worst times were worth getting into
Due to my mindset that everything one does
Reflects on what happened to them in the past 'cuz
Why else would you rather get hugs than give hugs
Or be more complacent cursing them out then sharing love?
I always knew I was different
I just didn't know if I chose it or somebody lent
My lifestyle to me and told me do as I please
And made it hard to figure out by doing it subconsciously
Undoubtedly, I made it my own and the crowd'll see
I'm more weird and crazy than others. I think it's 'cuz I'm free.
The older I get, I see less sanity in humanity.
In times like these, It's crucial to to find yourself, finally.

An hour drive on the i-95
Leads to a place where I feel the most alive
Where carts sell fruit salads at the corner of the street
And it's not a foreign concept to avoid eating meat,
Yeah the brotherly love city has a great vibe and all
But at this point, it's looking rather small
There's a whole world out there. Seeing can be believing.
Reminiscing is a blessing but not as much as living.

No comments:

Post a Comment