Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Spontaneous Happiness

So last Sunday, I was having a not-so-positive day. I had something on my mind that made me want to lie in bed all day, and on top of that it was cloudy!! So all in all, it was dark and gloomy internally (my mindset), and externally (the weather).



That day, my mother's friend (Mr. Willis) came to take us out for the day. We were suppose to go out for lunch, but something came up and lessened our ability to hang out to just going to wal-mart. I was happy to at least get out of the house. Plus: they let me listen to music while we're in the car, which is quite a privilege.

So we get to wal-mart, and once we're inside, they tell me to find the electronics section. It wasn't too hard to find, so I found it, and started looking around. They tell me to follow them, and we walk to the iPod section. Mr. Willis told me to pick a color. I look over at my mom and all she could do is smile.

Turns out that they were planning on buying me an iPod for some time. It was one of the most unreal experiences ever. I was sooo happy when they revealed it to me. It was an amazing feeling, and I could not thank them enough.

Due to a series of events, we had to go to a Target. I received an 16GB iPod 4g (black), with $50 in target money (gift card). That just made it even better. We spent half of it already, but I want to spend the rest of it on whatever they want. It's the least I can do.

I have wanted an iPod for the longest. II understand that shopping is not a recreational activity (at least not to most people), therefore I am not materialistic, and I'm not fond of asking for things (unless it's a joke, like Angry Birds fruit snacks or something of that nature). I also don't feel that I am the most deserving of something as luxurious as an Apple product. So the fact that my mother and Mr. Willis made an effort to get me one AND make it a surprise means a lot to me. I wish I could return the favor with more than just $50 Target dollars. I guess from a certain perspective, you can say, "it's the thought that counts".

No comments:

Post a Comment