Saturday, September 21, 2013

FCCLA Fall Leadership Conference 2013 (Georgia)

At my school, I am the Vice President of the Family Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA). On September 20th of 2013, I went to my very first fall leadership conference in Covington, Georgia. It was everything I wanted it to be, and a whole lot more. The trip was a great way for me to get to know my fellow officers. We all got awesome FCCLA t-shirts (I have been anticipating the t-shirts since I put the application in my teacher's hand), I got a name tag (with my name on it), and I got these awesome orange sunglasses that said "No Kid Hungry" on the side. I even got some of the state leaders to sign my pamphlet and take pictures with me. (They were so humble about it. ^_^)



 Everything was for a good cause. I learned that being a leader not only take hard work, but dedication, passion, and heart. I would love to strive for a higher position in the FCCLA, however my position as of today with extra-curricular activities seem adequate enough. Nevertheless, I am having a tremendously exhilarating time getting to know my classmates, and being a part of such a terrific endeavor.

Here are some pictures from the Fall Leadership Conference of 2013:


Joining the Team Conference (how to upgrade to a higher officer status)

Leadership Starts Now Conference

(Right)Shivani Dhir, State President. (Left) Myself

Something that seemed important.

(Right) David Jefferson, National Liaison. (Left) Myself

Hunger Strikes Home Conference (Where I got the orange glasses)
 
The entrance (amazing view)

My FCCLA Peeps

No comments:

Post a Comment