Friday, May 31, 2013

Building my Skateboarding Skills (Ollie)

Now normally, I would have a post idea by now. I obviously got the idea, it just wasn't apart of my normal routine.



I need some help with my skateboarding. I ride in a goofy stance and I know how to ride. I just need to figure out how to ollie. It seems so simple, but it doesn't seem to be working for me.

I have a board I bought from Wal-mart for about $20 when I was 10 years old. It held up pretty well as old as it is, it's a bit thick, and the concave is comparatively lesser than a more expensive board. On top of all that, there's an awesome picture of a lizard on the deck. Only the finest at Wally-world.



I have been practicing for a few weeks. I have the basics of the motion down, and from what I can tell, I am getting off the ground. However, the only way I could tell was from recording myself doing it.



From my observations, I believe that I am not jumping high enough. Or it is because I am not sliding my foot across the board as much as I should.

I am also aware it would probably help if I were to roll so it wouldn't be as weird when I can actually do it. I am attempting to roll as well but when I tried, I ended up horizontal on the ground. Fortunately, I do not have footage of that (even though I think it would have been interesting to watch, because from my angle it was weird).

So I felt pretty weird rolling. I don't feel like I can press down the tail enough. I would just say it's the board, but I'm not one to blame my equipment. I'm sure something like this just takes time so I just need to be patient and practice. In the mean time, I have lots of school work to do, I'm working on squeezing in some music production to my schedule, as well as this boarding. Not to mention spending time with my family.

As for my ollie, wish me luck (I wish I could say I didn't need it).

No comments:

Post a Comment