Saturday, January 17, 2015

Mind Blowing Music (1): With My Eyes Closed

Hey people. So this is where I share the latest songs (by exposure to my life and not necessarily by release date) I think are worth listening to. This is kind of like my first series of playlists, "Songs I've had suck in my head for days," but I wanted to change the title because this makes the songs seem a lot more intriguing, and less like... gum inflicted in your sutures or something. But ultimately, it's the same concept. Sing along if you know the words. ^_^





*Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know 



This song has got one of the catchiest tunes I've ever heard in my life. It's fun to sing along to. I know this because when I was at my lunch table, I just simply sang out, "Do I wanna know..." and the net thing I knew, half the table began to sing the song with me. Also, the lead singer of the group (Alex Turner) was a part of the soundtrack for Submarine (excellent movie). And this is all I know about the Arctic Monkeys, but if all their songs are like this one, I'm hooked.

*Animal Collective - My Girls



It's got a trippy video, and great potential for an epic dance session (if you know how to pull those off).  One of the best things to do with this song is to try your best to figure out what in the world they are saying. Or what it's about in the first place. Or what an adobe slab is. But altogether, it's a pretty good time.

*Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks



You could be having any type of day you want, but I bet when you listen to this, you'll wanna spread your arms out and spin with your eyes closed. Or you may wanna sway side to side with the rhythm... with your eyes closed. I personally would just do the first thing that comes to mind with a noteworthy level of passion... probably with my eyes closed.

*Real Estate  - Had to Hear



You know, this whole album was exceptional, but I just wanted to pick one to show you what I mean. The song creates a feel-good vibe that is soothing and provides a sweet, sweet hug to the ears. I loved their past music, so you can imagine that I was so pleased to find Atlas added to their discography. Plus the video to this song is breathtaking.

*Tove Lo - Stay High (ft. Hippie Sabotage)




                                          
Guilty pleasure of a song. It's actually pretty sad when you realize that a lot of people live this way. I believe she is originally referring to a guy that left (duh), but I think this could relate to life getting out of hand too; things falling apart and having no control over them. I'm sure that'll do it to you. So I would also like to mention that there's two versions. The Hippie Sabotage remix is my favorite, but I think the original should be heard first.

* Foster The People - Pseudologia Fantastica



Foster The People is another one of my favorites, but this song is pure sentimental genius. Pseudologia Fantastica can be defined as pathological lying, but also perceived as things people tell themselves and believe to be true while others think more popular ideals. This song has messages about the people around you, being true to yourself, inevitability, and socializing in general. It never gets old.

*Childish Gambino - Glory



This is one of Glover's older projects. My favorite part to this song is the vocalization in the end. It really feels like the sensation of movement felt when someone picks you up and carries you. Or something like that, in slow motion. 

*Yellow Claw & Cesqeaux - Legends Ft. Kalibwoy



I honestly think this is more of a theme song. I've been listening to trap radio on I Heart Radio, and this song really stuck out to me. If I could, I would choreograph a whole dance to this. But i mainly just freestyle to it. *begins animation moves*

*Kendrick Lamar - i



Now this is what I expect from hip hop today. This song was so surprisingly beneficial to black culture, it's amazing. I don't know why all rappers don't make songs like this one. And the live performance from SNL? Downright spectacular. You can turn this on and dance to it any way you please. Just love yourself.

*Adam And The Ants - Prince Charming



I actually think this song is rather hilarious. The best part is how it starts, but the rest is rather interesting to dance to. I only know about it because I heard it on season one of Skins (best... series... EVER).

And that's the 1st combination of songs that will blow your mind. Got any songs that you really like? Let me know. I may like it too. Or not. I'll let you know. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment