Wednesday, October 23, 2013

How I Framed Michael Jackson

It's a misleading title, but hear me out. As you all know, Michael Jackson is a legendary pop star who passed away a few years ago. It was a tragic death, and the media made sure everyone knew about it. There were documentaries, t-shirts, movies, radios playing his music all day, and so on.



One thing that was definitely being sold was posters. One day, I was going to wally world (wal-mart) with my grandmother, and some car was driving out of the parking lot like he just remembered that he left the faucet running in his house. The out if his car came rolling a poster.

We tried to call him back to retrieve his item, but like I said, he was going really fast. So all we could do was open the poster to see what was on it, and revealed a poster of Michael Jackson (due to the state of his skin, I assumed it was one of his more recent pictures). So that day, my grandmother purchased a frame for me and we hung it in my room. And that's how I framed Michael Jackson. ^_^

{A little known fact about me: When I was younger, I didn't know much about him; I did know that he had two different skin colors, but because of this, I thought there were two MJs. I told my mother this, and she didn't understand what I was talking about. When she caught on to my theory, she sat me down to have a serious talk about what happened to him. I believe I was in kindergarten or 1st grade, and I learned an important lesson in self image.}

No comments:

Post a Comment